I was born in Southern California and lived most of my life there. And because California is in many ways still “home” to me, as well as the fact that so many dear friends and family members still live there, it’s hard to watch what’s happening to that once great state. The real estate implosion is eviscerating everything. Looking back on my our decision to move from San Diego to Central Ohio back in 1997, it’s clear that my wife and I providentially avoided a great deal of economic pain that our friends and family who still live there have endured. I hope things can get back on track again soon. But based on this grim report, I just don’t know if that’s in the cards.
No big whoop
Recent Blog Posts
- Joe Morris on My Advice to Catholic Parents: Don’t Let Your Kids Date Non-Catholics
- oni on Dear Mom . . .
- Steve D on A new apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Africa? Or … something else?
- Mary Ellen on As the new year starts, Father John Corapi vanishes off the radar screen
- Kathleen on As the new year starts, Father John Corapi vanishes off the radar screen
Follow Pat on Facebook
- "I wonder if we're going to have an #earthquake. Our dogs are acting strange and barking weirdly, as if nervous about some unseen thing.""#MSNBC: "Why is it #Republicans have elected more women governors & have two Hispanic governors & the Democrats don’t?" http://t.co/rm9bYc8T""RT: @sert2 Liberal "#Catholic" Group Misleading #Pro-Life Voters on #Abortion http://t.co/0TlaqYzy""#CardinalDolan's benediction: Moving""Is that #JuanWilliams I'm hearing shouting with joy as the balloons fall at the GOPconvention?"
Search the Site